This post may contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
It’s 2 days before Summer, and let me just say I’m not ready LOL. I usually change my makeup and hair products with the seasons, ya know to clean out makeup I don’t use and get rid of hair products that I haven’t used, etc. I’ve always liked L’Oreal products, especially when they come out with dupe’s that match my favorite products that are more expensive. Some of the products I still have and they haven’t expired yet so no need to get all new items just yet. During the summer I usually don’t do much face makeup, especially for work but for my blog, I’m planning on going out to different restaurants to try (and blog about) so new face makeup was a must for date nights and/or girls night out. I have long thick hair (even though I recently cut 7″ off) so finding products that will keep my hair healthy when I use heat tools, is vital.
– L’OREAL EVERSLEEK KERATIN CARING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER (2 products)- I have wavy hair, that tends to be frizzy if nothing is done with my hair, like mousse, gel or hairspray. So most of the time I straighten my hair, it doesn’t take much but since I have so much hair any kind of product that will keep my hair straight longer is a winner in my book.
– L’OREAL SLEEK IT IRON STRAIGHT HEATSPRAY– I have relatively healthy hair so protecting it when I use any heat tools is crucial… plus I feel less guilty using my straightener. Besides protecting your hair against heat, it also blocks humidity (looking at you 80% humidity NY), calms frizz, seals in shine, and conditions for a sleek style that lasts 3 days. I;m going to be super honest here….even though it’s summer I still only wash my hair 3-4 times a week. So using this heat spray is perfect, when I don’t wash it I’ll just apply more spray and get the kinks out of my hair and I’m good to go! This also brings me to my next and favorite hair product…
– L’OREAL PROFESSIONNEL TECNI.ART FRESH DUST DRY SHAMPOO – Having all the hair means I don’t want to wash and dry it every single day, especially during the week for work. During the summer it’s usually only one day between washes, especially if it’s the day where I am running and going to the gym (extra sweat). This dry shampoo is so light weight I couldn’t believe it! I don’t feel any build up (win), my hair doesn’t look greasy (win), and it gives it a little more body (win!). I also feel like I need to use less of the dry shampoo which means I need to use less yay!
– L’OREAL BLOW DRY IT QUICK DRY PRIMER SPRAY – This product cuts my hair drying time in half. It used to take around 45 minutes to blow dry my hair, it now takes like 20 minutes. No joke. It dries quicker, and it leaves me more time to use my flat iron to get it straight.
– L’OREAL LOCK IT WEATHER CONTROL HAIRSPRAY – This is a must have for summer, whether I’m attempting to go natural, curly, or straight. The stronghold isn’t too harsh, my hair doesn’t feel sticky and it protects against frizz. It also adds a double layer of humidity protection, and you can’t ever get enough in the summer time.
– L’OREAL VISIBLE LIFT RADIANCE BOOSTER – I have dry to normal skin so even though it tends to be humid in NY I still try to use a hydrating primer. It makes my face brighter without a fake glow or looking greasy.This is good for my no face makeup days, I feel polished but not greasy and I’m ready to face the day lol.
– L’OREAL STUDIO SECRETS MAGIC SKIN BEAUTIFIER B.B. CREAM – Who doesn’t love a great BB cream?! I carry this with me on the days I go from work to out. It’s nice and light for the hot summer days that are coming up and I don’t feel like I have a layer of makeup on. It gives me a nice finished look without the heaviness of foundation.
– L’OREAL INFALLIBLE TOTAL COVER COLOR CORRECTING KIT – This is a life saver for the days that my skin tone is super uneven. I love that this kit covers all aspect, each shade does something different and the kit tells you! Peach: disguises dark circles Yellow: combats discolorations Green: neutralizes redness Purple: brightens dullness. I use Peach and Green the most since I tend to be a little bit red.
– L’OREAL INFALLIBLE PRO GLOW CONCEALER – 16 hours of concealer is much needed when going from work to a night out, or even just need some extra coverage. I love that I can build on this concealer, for spots that are an extra pain and don’t cover as easily.
– L’OREAL INFALLIBLE TOTAL COVER FOUNDATION – I usually pair the concealer ^ with this foundation. Up to 24 hours of coverage is perfect for those days that never seem to end or for a special event when the last thing you need is to need to reapply foundation. I like that this foundation doesn’t feel heavy on my skin so I don’t “feel” it on my skin, thankfully.
– L’OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION – so raise your hand if you don’t know your skin tone!? raises hand I am so the type of person who just goes by what looks like it matches and just goes with it. Luckily L’Oreal knows this and my method works with True Match foundation.
– L’OREAL INFALLIBLE BLEND ARTIST FOUNDATION BLENDER – I love this beauty blender, it’s perfect for applying the foundation and it doesn’t suck up too much foundation. The point is perfect to get in the smaller areas of my face, making sure the foundation is even enough.
– L’OREAL PENCIL PERFECT SELF-ADVANCING EYELINER – This is my go-to eyeliner when I don’t have the patience for liquid eyeliner and the hassle of achieving the perfect liquid line. It doesn’t irritate my contacts plus its smudge proof, YES!
– L’OREAL LINEAR INTENSE FELT TIP LIQUID EYELINER – For the days I do have patience this is my go to for liquid eyeliners. The felt tip allows the eyeliner to glide along my top lid without hesitation. I like that I don’t need to use that much to get a perfect line (not too thin not too thick).
– L’OREAL PARIS COLOUR RICHE LA PALETTE NUDE 2 – I love having great nude colors available, and this palette has a nice variety of colors. This includes a few pink shades that are great for summer, nice and light for a great summer look.
– L’OREAL VOLUMINOUS LASH PARADISE MASCARA – This is a great dupe for Better Than Sex Mascara from Too Faced. I love the soft wavy bristle brush, it catches my eyelashes and I can really see the volume that this mascara can bring.
– L’OREAL BROW STYLIST DEFINER – I have thin dark eyebrows so this helps them appear fuller without looking too fake. This also helps me with growing out parts of my eyebrows that I want to be thicker.
– L’OREAL COLOUR RICHE COLLECTION EXCLUSIVE NUDE LIPCOLOUR – I love the color Julianne Nude for summer time. It’s pink with a hint of peach, which is perfect for the summer time. I love that it goes with everything which means I only need maybe one or two lip colors, not five to six.
– L’OREAL INFALLIBLE MAKEUP EXTENDER SETTING SPRAY – This is truly a life saver. I used this at my BILs wedding in May and I only had to touch up parts of my eyeliner from my eyes getting too dry. This truly helped with my foundation staying in place and not having to touch up throughout the day.
–L’OREAL PARIS REVITALIFT MIRACLE BLUR INSTANT EYE SMOOTHER EYE TREATMENT – I’ve been using this for about 3 months, and love it. I like that its light weight and I only need a dot under each eye. I do feel like it’s improving how my under eye looks, especially with the wrinkles and it’s safe for me to wear with contacts.
– L’OREAL REVITALIFT MIRACLE BLUR INSTANT SKIN SMOOTHER FINISHING CREAM – This finishing cream has a similar effect that the under eye smoother has. It’s applied after moisturizer and it can help you achieve a flawless look with smoothing lines and wrinkles. I like that this contains SPF 30, which is great not having to apply sunscreen to my face. On days that I don’t wear foundation, this is the last step in my routine, I feel like my skin looks more polished without having any foundation.
– L’OREAL PURE CLAY CLEANSER EXFOLIATE & REFINE – This is an amazing face wash. With working out 5 times a week I worry about breakouts, especially around my T-zone area. It helps minimize pores as well as exfoliate and unclog pores for skin that feels smoother. I use this after coming home from the gym and love how smooth my skin feels and my breakouts are at a minimum.
– L’OREAL MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER COMPLETE CLEANSER NORMAL/DRY SKIN – I love this for taking off my makeup at the end of the day, it removes all the makeup without leaving my skin feeling dry. The amount of mascara I put on my lashes I am always surprised that this removes it all without constant rubbing.
Do you see any of your favorites here? What is something I’m missing that you love!?