This post may contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
This post is sponsored by Aveeno®, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. #MomentForMe
Raise your hand if you’ve recently had a stressful day *raises hand*…. If you didn’t know, CA and I are currently house hunting. If you’ve ever house hunted before or even went apartment hunting, it can be super stressful. Houses that are affordable, the school districts are horrible, and the houses that are affordable with good school districts are too small or the property is not what we want. Luckily, we’ve had a great realtor (plus his team) working with us, and we also have done preliminary things with the mortgage so when we do find the house that we want to make our home we’re well prepared and not scrambling.
Besides house hunting, daily life can be stressful: work, chores, errands, kids (plus their schedules), pets, appointments, and so much more. Some days are more stressful than others, especially when Murphy’s Law comes into play: anything that can go wrong will go wrong. I’m a very anxious person; if things are wrong, or situations are worse than I thought, I go straight into panic mode. CA is the total opposite, he’s calm, cool, collected, and ever the optimist. We definitely have that ying-yang thing going where we balance each other out and he’s been the greatest with all the of the stress with house hunting.
On days where life piles on all the stress and it’s too much, I’ve found several different things that help me unwind. I’ve also seen that when I take a moment for me, I am also being active with self care, making sure I am the best version of myself at that moment.
1. Music/Podcasts: I am a huge fan of music and podcasts to help me unwind. Listening to someone else talk in podcasts about entrepreneurism, blogging, fitness, and my personal favorite–true crime. If you don’t want to listen to someone talking, music is my go-to feel good. If I am cooking, I always blast music, usually something country if I need to get into a good mood. Dance or techno always gets my spirit up and gives me more energy. I also love punk rock (Linkin Park, etc.), or anything with deep bass that makes me get out of my angry or frustrated mood quicker.
Spotify is my favorite for all things music, and podcasts are easily listened to on my iPhone. My favorite podcasts (broken down by topic) are:
My Favorite Murder- Two women talking about true crime and you feel like you’re listening to your best friends. I saw them in a live show and loved it, plus I got a chance to meet them.
Criminal – He’s Australian and has the most amazing accent
True Crime Garage – Nic & the Captain do their homework, discussing many different angles of the case.
Boss Girl Creative – Taylor is awesome, she is so knowledgeable and covers a wide variety of topics.
Goal Digger Podcast – I love this one, they’re the perfect length and the topics covered are vast.
Run, Selfie, Repeat – Kelly Roberts is amazing. She’s gone through so much and I love all the topics she covers.
Do you have a favorite podcast that you love? Share it with me below!
2. Binge Watch Favorite Shows- It’s no secret that I am obsessed with the Gilmore Girls (see full post dedication here). I can re-watch the 7 seasons plus the most recent 4 episodes over and over. And I do. I also love How I Met Your Mother, CSI: Miami, Friends, Criminal Minds, and Pretty Little Liars. Watching old favorite shows brings back laughs from favorite episodes & sometimes brings back amazing memories from when the show first came out.
3. Manicure/Pedicure- I LOVE getting a mani/pedi after a work day. I can listen to music or a podcast on the drive to the salon, and relax while someone does my nails & toes. Sometimes I don’t want to go there, so I’ll give myself a little pedicure at home. My nails are gel so I need to go to the salon for them. If I don’t have gel, I’ll give myself a little manicure. This unwinding step goes with the next step: self care!
4. Self Care Regimen with Aveeno® – I am a huge advocate of self care. Whether you are a mom, a wife, young or old, you always need to take care of you. You can’t take care of other people or do your job if you’re not taking care of you. Aveeno® is encouraging women to take a “moment for me” each day to recharge so they look and feel their best.
Aveeno® Pure Renewal Shampoo & Conditioner: I have a lot of hair, so to keep it healthy I always make sure I take good care of it. It has natural cleanser without stripping the hair, it helps balance the hair’s moisture levels. It’s sulfate-free so it’s perfect for color treated hair! Plus, it smells amazing, I love a great smelling shampoo & conditioner.
Aveeno® Absolutely Ageless Intensive Renewal Serum: I love, love, love the smell of this as it contains blueberry complex. It’s great to use these any time: morning, evening, or under makeup. It’s lightweight, non-greasy, fast absorbing and won’t clog your pores! I’ve been using this for about 5 days and love it.
Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Body Yogurt: I adore the smell of this the most–vanilla and oats–it smells heavenly. I always need a moisturizing lotion during the summer time, and this one leaves your skin moisturized for 48 hours. I’ll definitely keep using this for the winter time and can’t wait!
Aveeno® Positively Radiant Overnight Hydrating Facial Moisturizer: I’ve been looking for an overnight moisturizer and this has been perfect. For the past 3 nights (they recommend use every 2-3 nights) this has been an amazing night time routine. It’s oil free, fast absorbing, non-greasy, and hypoallergenic.
5. Read a Book- This is so relaxing to me, plus I get to enter another world when reading. I let my imagination run wild, I can visually see what the characters look like & how particular scenes play out, all in my head. I haven’t read any new books lately so I’ll share old favorites that I absolutely love and always go for whether it’s on my Kindle or hardcover.
6. Workout- When I workout, usually it’s alone with my headphones in and either music or podcast is blasting away. So I am in my own little world and love just working out my “problems”. I even get great ideas for my blog or something I want to do while working out! Even if it’s just for a walk with Thor, running around the backyard, or a 5:00am gym session, it always helps me. This is my favorite workout quote ever, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t. Endorphins make you happy, happy people just don’t kill their husbands.” Elle Woods – Legally Blonde.
7. Go Shopping- Shopping always makes me feel better. Sometimes I’ll browse Amazon or Old Navy see if there’s anything that I’ve been wanting that is on sale, or I can finally splurge and buy. With the house hunting, I’ve been more careful but hey, this girl loves to shop and sometimes something new cures the stress.
If you need some more ideas sometimes I get lost on my favorite blogs, choose to go out to dinner instead of cooking, glass of wine (with or without a bubble bath). Or if you have a hobby that you like to do, craft new projects, knit, sew, crochet, anything!
I love the products I received from Aveeno® that I can use to have my skin feel and look great. It may not be easy to make time for ourselves, but when we do it helps us feel our personal best. I’ve always been a fan of Aveeno® and these products just solidify my love for this brand. I can’t wait to see the results of the serum and the overnight moisturizer, I’ll check in about a month to give you an update!
Do you have any Aveeno® favorite products? Share with me below, I’ll try it!