This post may contain affiliate or referral links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
Well today on my blog it’ll be about Anthony and I, you see it’s been ONE year since we went out on our first date. And today after we have work, we’ll be heading back to Liki Sushi Restaurant to celebrate being together for one year. I have no idea what else is planned, nor what he got me, and when we are trading presents.
A letter to my love:
Wow, we’ve been together for ONE year! I still remember when you came to my house and picked me up, you did something I never thought I’d see a guy do; you opened my door for me. You smiled sweetly at me and then came around and off we went. I remember being nervous, but you weren’t, you were chatting away happily driving along to what is now our favorite sushi place. I remember looking at you thinking, how did I get so lucky to be on a date with a guy as cute as you. You were a sign from above that you were it for me, that you are all mine forever.
It’s amazing really, I remember asking you what you wanted from “this” and you plainly told me you wanted to take it slowly and see where it went. After months of Islanders games, Knicks games, dinner dates, little holidays, Valentine’s Day. And my favorite, New Years Eve you were perfect with my cousins and their friends. You blended in so well and not once did I have to worry about you not having a good time. The second turning point in our relationship for me was Valentine’s day, you had gotten back from Puerto Rico two days prior and I had no idea what we were doing. You asked if we could stay in do something simple and I agreed, and found out we were trading presents. I remember getting you something simple because I honestly didn’t want to scare you off. But I love my presents, the Pandora charm was beyond perfect.
I still remember the night when I finally had the gall to figure out what we actually were to each other. Even though it was plain and simple and everyone else knew I never wanted to assume anything because if I was wrong I’d be very upset. I remember the look you gave me, the “of COURSE you are my girlfriend!” look. Like I had a thousand heads and you couldn’t figure out why I’d even think differently. I think I had a permanent smile on my face for days after that.
But nothing compared to you saying I love you for the first time, with those huge big blue eyes and a smile. And then you uttered the words, “I want to marry you one day” and I knew you meant it, because not once in our relationship did you ever say anything just to make me happy. After that we laid in your bed cuddled so close talking about our exes, about why we had taken 8 months to say I love you, and 6 months to say we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. But we also figured out that taking our relationship slowly, no rushing, no pressure was the best decision ever. We got to know each other and fall in love slowly, not thinking that you were turning 29 in April and I was turning 27 in September.
And here we are, one year later, very much in love. Happy with each other, in love, talking of marriage, moving to Florida, our future, future children names, just everything. I’ve never been so happy in my entire life and I have you to thank for that. You helped me see that I don’t really need someone to make me happy but that I do need someone to help me make sure I am happy each day no matter what. You helped me believe in myself when I really don’t want to; you are my weight loss and running support system.
I just want to say stud, I love you beyond words & gifts could ever show you. Thank you for making my life worth living and I can’t wait to see what this day holds.
Top 12 things that I love about Anthony; One for each month of us being together♥
1. Your blue eyes, they are my favorite about you
2. Your sense of humor, and your ability to make me laugh or giggle when I don’t want to at all.
3. The fact that we are totally opposites, you are calm cool and collected, and I am high strung nervous temperamental and on edge daily.
4. That you love to cuddle, and don’t mind staying in some nights just to watch TV
5. That even though we love different sports teams, we still have a blast watching them.
6. That you love to save on dinner, and don’t mind using coupons for dinner, movies, or a date night out.
7. That you love to travel as much as I do.
8. You love my glasses, and don’t make fun of me for them.
9. You make weird faces at me, do pinky promises, and say I love you in sign language while I am holding you are hand just so I know you love me
10. That you love to take pictures as much as I do and that you don’t mind taking millions of them. And that you willingly take pictures of me when I ask you to.
11. The fact that you support my blogging habits and even help me when I need your advice.
12. That you are all mine, and that one day we will be married.