This post may contain affiliate or referral links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
This post has been Sponsored by Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap, all opinions are my own. As always, thank you for supporting the brands that support Getting Fit Fab. #RKPlasticWrap
Raise your hand if you love finding ways to make your life simpler, aka easier (*raises hand*). I’m always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder. Why make life harder than it is (or can be) when we can do things to make our lives easier. When I think of a hack, I think of an extra step or thing to add to my routine that will make life easier. Amirite?
These are the hacks that I use in my daily life with Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap and honestly, I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to share them with you!
- Next time you buy a bunch of bananas, separate them and then wrap a small section of plastic wrap around each banana stem. The Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap helps contain ethylene gas, which bananas produce naturally while they ripen. Longer lasting bananas!
- Traveling? Cut small squares of plastic wrap and remove the covers from any liquid containers. I usually cover my shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and lotion. I pack my liquids in their own case so if anything leaks it’ll stay in the case but, better safe than sorry!
- Wrap up pastries. A trick I learned from a bakery I always go to, told me to either wrap pastries in plastic wrap or a baggie to keep them fresh. Fresh pastries can become stale quickly, so wrap up any leftovers. It prevents them from becoming stale, especially when it’s a puff pastry or crumb cake.
- Protect eyeshadow. Alright, this may fall under number 2, but my makeup is essential and I usually carry a large arsenal. I try to protect both my purse and makeup bag from covering any powder makeup with a layer of Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap. Since certain makeup is finely milled it can break fairly easily. So in case, it does break, it won’t get all over my bag. (Side note: this has happened before–it sucked).
- Tired of tangling your jewelry when traveling anywhere? With two long pieces of Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap sandwich your jewelry in between and you have a flat display without the tangles! Also, I love using post-it notes at the bottom so I can easily separate the plastic wrap when I want to get a necklace or pair of earrings!
- Wrap up your cell phone! I always have my phone near me, whether I’m cooking or relaxing outside, which could lead to it getting wet or dirty. Layer plastic wrap around your cell phone if you’re in an area that tends to get wet. It’ll protect your phone from getting any water damage as well as giving you access to your phone.
- Protect your ice cream. Put a layer of Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap before putting the cover on your ice cream and tada! No more freezer burn!
- I’ll admit I am not a pro at icing cakes (or cupcakes), but I’ve learned a few things with the help of my mom. If you want to make a swirl between two different colors (or a rainbow of colors) you can use plastic wrap! Lay out a long piece of the Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap and lengthwise layer the frosting. Put the icing in the middle, make an icing “burrito”, roll the ends tightly, and use the end of the plastic wrap to feed it through the tip. Cut off the excess and frost away!
Bonus: If you’re DIY-ing or crafting and don’t want to make a mess of your table, layer plastic wrap covering the area and clean up is a cinch!
Whew! I hope this list helps you in your daily life, when you’re traveling, or want to be creative with those cupcakes! The Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap has really helped me make sure I have time to celebrate the extra time I get with these life hacks! The box also includes a built-in slide cutter so you get a perfectly clean cut every single time. Plus, there’s a handy starter edge that makes it really easy to find the start of each roll. Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap has a long-lasting tight seal to keep foods fresh, liquids in their place, and a preserve a clean workspace! Remember to celebrate the small victories in life, from saving those bananas to creating the perfect rainbow icing or just saving your phone from water and food!