This post may contain affiliate or referral links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
I’ve probably typed this blog post out a few times, never figuring out how I actually want to take this post. After talking to my friend Chelsea about blog posts that we were planning out for the upcoming weeks, I knew I wanted to write about makeup. But what would it actually be about, I’m not a makeup artist so my tips or tricks would be things I’ve learned from other bloggers or watching YouTube videos. That doesn’t mean I don’t have things to share for anyone that may be experiencing with makeup. Or just want to see something done by a regular person with no professional makeup experience.
Than it’s me you’re looking for ;). I’ve loved makeup since I was little, I used to put makeup on my mother when I was 5, her eye shadow was usually blush and was different colors, LOL. My makeup collection has grown over the years which is why I am doing a project pan for 2019. Which leads to what this blog post is about! My Daily Makeup Routine, which is made up of makeup I’ve been using for at least 3 months if not longer! Some of this makeup I decided to start using because of Project Pan, other makeup was because I love it and have repurchased it (and need to use it lol).
This is literally my makeup routine, depending on how easy it is to fill in my eyebrows and if I decide to wear eye shadow. If I just do the routine without eye shadow it’ll take about 10 minutes, since I use the makeup daily I have it in a big makeup bag so everything is together! Now onto the routine! I promise it’s quicker and easier than it sounds and looks.
- Apply Moisturizer & eye cream– Whether I’m wearing makeup or not I always apply moisturizer & eye cream to keep my skin looking its best. I like Olay products, it doesn’t break me out and I don’t feel like my skin is oily either.
- Let the moisturizer dry before applying face primer. I love the Tatcha face primer, it comes at a hefty price but it lasts for a very long time. I love how it makes my skin feel when I’m applying makeup over it. Just make sure you let the moisturizer dry before you apply the primer as well as letting the primer dry before putting any makeup.
- Color correcting– Green for my hyper-pigmentation from breakouts & peach for my under eye circles. I have dark spots from my breakouts so I use the green to mask them. The peach I use for my under eyes so they aren’t as dark.
- Fill my brows– This could make my routine longer, but recently I’ve gotten it down to a pattern where I follow what Chelsea showed on her IG stories.
- Concealer under eyes, and any spots that need to be cover up & blend. I love both of these bareMinerals concealers, one of them is a bit more yellow and the other is more pink so they balance out each other.
- Set with loose powder– dust away.The TooFaced setting powder is my go to, it smells amazing and it works extremely well with minimal creasing.
- Apply foundation powder –I’ve tried a lot of powder foundation but the IT Celebration Foundation is my go to above all else. I’ve already used one almost completely, it’s hit pan and it’s just around the rim.
- Set with setting spray– let dry – This is a great setting spray, the jury is still out on whether or not it actually helps my makeup. But I do feel like after all the powder I apply it helps it melt into the skin better.
- Apply bronzer either Tarte or Butter Bronzer I have Tarte bronzer that needs to be used because it’ll expire soon (project pan), but the butter bronzer is so beautiful and smells like the tropics!
- Apply blush to apple of cheeks and back towards temple. Butter blush, this is the PERFECT color for my skin tone,, I have a neutral undertone with light/medium skin.
- Apply Highlighter I love both of these highlighters, the Covergirl one is similar to the UD trio I’m currently using (that’s no longer for sale). The Wet n Wild one is affordable and really pretty with different shades!
- Set brows with brow mascara- Clear for casual days & tinted for when I need my brows secure. The brows are set last after all the powders are set on my face.
- Set my entire face again with setting spray – This smells like coconuts! It’s the last one so it’ll be the extra set of protection for my work day or night out.
- Apply eyeliner – This is the only one that I LOVE. It doesn’t smudge under my eyes and it doesn’t rub off on my contacts. It’s creamy but not too creamy where I can’t get a nice waterline look going on. Which is my go to look for everyday with or without eye shadow.
- Eyeshadow! Bold look or something natural- Born to Run or Identity Palette, To be honest I haven’t worn eye shadow in so long just because I don’t leave myself the time to do it. These are both palettes that are so easy to make multiple eye looks, I like taking the Born to Run palette while traveling.
- Mascara– When I don’t have my eye lash extensions I use this mascara, it’s the next best thing to extensions.
Brushes/ Sponges- I have so many brushes but I had to narrow it down to what I needed to use daily.