This post may contain affiliate or referral links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
This post is sponsored by General Mills, but the thoughts and opinions are my own. #SavorTheSeason
Can you believe that we are just a few weeks away from the start of the holidays? I mean really,
when did it become December? And why did the year just fly by, I’m not ready for the holidays
by any means… anyone else feel this way?! Besides getting all of the shopping for gifts on time,
I also have to keep in mind all of the baking and cooking! With my family, we always bake a
certain amount of family favorites, all from scratch. It’s a long-lived tradition that started when I
was around 3 years old, keeping on to this day. Filling the house with the delicious smell of
baked goods is always the best smell.
Another favorite is finding a few new recipes to try out for the day of holidays meal. Last year I
found a delicious side dish for the morning breakfast that was prepared while we slept! How
awesome is that right?! I found a recipe for French Toast Casserole, and oh my gosh did it look
delicious! You can create it so many ways, putting your own touches or favorite things inside it.
I’m SO excited, my local Sam’s Club has the most delicious and fresh bread that is perfect for
French Toast. I am pairing it with Triple Chex, marshmallows, and a brown sugar syrup! This
French Toast Casserole is made to be prepared for overnight, the mixture you make will soak
into the bread overnight, can you imagine how flavorful that is going to be!? I actually can’t wait
to make this for a holiday morning breakfast. I love creating a new dish each year, it’s a tradition
that was started a few years ago. At least one new dish is introduced for any holiday meal,
whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, and sometimes an appetizer or dessert. The possibilities
are endless, which is what makes this tradition so much fun. My mom loves this tradition and
gets excited helping me with my crazy ideas and luckily CA will try anything I make at least
Now onto the best part of this blog post, the recipe!
- 1 Loaf Members Mark French Bread- cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Triple Chex
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Brown Sugar Syrup
- 2 tbsp butter- cut up
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- Spray 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Place cubed Members Mark French Bread evenly in dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, half and half, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add mini marshmallows and Triple Chex, mix well.
- Pour evenly over bread, pressing down into egg mixture to coat completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 4 hours)
- Remove plastic wrap and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until done in the middle. (It should be golden-brown)
- …Begin preparation of brown sugar syrup…
- On stove top, melt the butter down, add brown sugar and light corn syrup. Mix completely until
- syrup consistency has been reached….
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Triple Chex, Mini Marshmallows and top with brown sugar
- Serve and Enjoy!
For additional recipes and inspiration follow this link: samsclub.com/savortheseason