This post may contain affiliate or referral links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
This post is sponsored by Left Field Farms but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Happy Monday! I actually had a really productive weekend! I did some filing at my day job Saturday to put me ahead for getting 2018 documents out of the cabinets. I’ve also planned out what posts I want to go live this week, plus the two sponsored posts that will also be going live this week. It’s going to be a very busy week! I’ve learned with blogging & being a virtual assistant, that I needed to “find time” in my busy life to blog. I like to have my nights with my husband and family, and usually do the odd and ends at night after dinner. So, that means I needed to figure out my mornings, and how to make them as productive mornings as possible. I will be the first to admit, I’m not a morning person, at ALL. I’m quiet, cranky, and really don’t want to talk after saying “good morning”. Once I’m awake I’m charming and happy, before that I don’t talk. After waking up an hour or two earlier than usual each day I’ve figured out how I make my mornings as productive as possible. And I’m sharing those 5 tips with you today!
- Get Plenty of Sleep & Wake up early. YUP, I said it. Waking up earlier will help you “find time” in your busy day. Whether you’re a busy mom, wife, entrepreneur, worker, or all of these things combined! Since I have a full-time job outside the home from 9-5 on Monday-Friday, I have found that using my “morning” hours before work helps me a lot. Usually, my morning looks a bit like this: Wake up between 5-5:30, work on the blog + VA clients, workout around 6:30-7, shower, eat breakfast & get ready for work at 9. Waking up the two hours before I usually do helps a great deal. I get the daily work done I need to plus, I have time to workout and still have enough time to get ready for work.
- Workout- Get that blood moving! Even if it’s a quick 20-minute video, you get the blood moving and energize yourself for the busy day ahead. Working out first thing in the morning not only gets the blood pumping but when you workout your body releases endorphins. And according to Elle Woods > “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands. They just don’t.” So you’ll be happy and motivated to get that to do list done! Plus when you get your workout done in the morning, you don’t have to worry about it the rest of the day!
- Plan the night before & Make a Checklist – The one thing I do before I go to bed- the next day’s checklist. I bought two new notepads, one is Today’s Plan of Attack & the second is Get Your Ish Together. The first one is perfect for the daily to-do list, and the second one is for a weekly checklist that you can check off daily and add to as more projects come up. When you plan the night before, it’s easier to see what you have to do the next morning. So you’re not wasting time figuring out what you have to do.
- Use your phone as a timer & not for checking social media – I’m sure you’ve heard of the method of using a timer to get tedious tasks done. But if you haven’t, it’s to help you get things done! Whether it’s cleaning a certain room of the house, writing a blog post, or editing videos/pictures. Sometimes we procrastinate getting certain tasks done because they’re not enjoyable. But setting a timer will help you focus on the fact that you’re only spending 25 minutes on that ONE task and after that, you move to something else. Having the timer there is like a game of chicken, can I get this post finished before my time is up?! You work more diligently and you tend to stray less from that task knowing you’re being timed.
- Have a nice cup of hot coffee. I don’t know about you but my day doesn’t really start until I have a cup of coffee. Part of my 2019 goals was to make better decisions for my health and wellness. I have added whole foods to my daily routine and eating since then I’ve been feeling better and my skin has been looking better! The hardest thing for me to give up was my creamer until I found Left Field Farms! The Left Field Farms contains real sugar, real milk, real cream and it’s non-gmo project verified. The Left Field Farms is a collection of like-minded farmers, thinker & doers, who are for good food, fresh ideas in agriculture and healthy communities. This sounds just like the type of community I can support! If you’re not a coffee drinker or want a different way to enjoy The Left Field Farms coffee creamer you can try a coffee smoothie, especially if you want breakfast and coffee on the go! Also, you could make Vanilla Creamer Mini Muffins, perfect for breakfast on the go and a perfect way to add the wholesome Left Field Farms vanilla creamer.
For the coffee smoothie I made this is what I used:
14 oz of coffee of your choosing
½ cup of Left Field Farms Vanilla Coffee Creamer
1 cup of ice (to taste)
2 scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder
Mix in blender and you’re good to go! You can add different fruits or use the other Left Field Farms Coffee Creamer flavor- Sweet Creamy Creamer!
What’s a way that you make your mornings as productive as possible? Let me know if you try my Vanilla Coffee Smoothie!