This post may contain affiliate or referral links, which means I may receive a commission if you purchase something using my link. It will be no extra cost to you. As always, thank you for supporting Getting Fit Fab.
This post is sponsored by Aflac. I was compensated for writing it, but all opinions are 100 percent mine.
I live on Long Island, NY where it gets HUMID, hot, gross, and all things just BAD for hair! I have extremely long hair, and the worse part is that it’s thick, so it’s very hard to actually “want” to do my hair on humid and hot days.
This is my Crazy Hair- my hair is naturally wavy, semi frizzy and just nuts. It’s a bad hair day just because my hair isn’t tam and has no idea what it wants to do with itself ever.
My go to quick fix number 1-
Sock Bun (literally)-
It’s a sock rolled into a doughnut shape (cut off the toes of the sock) and you wrap your hair around it. It’s my go to over the summer, also when I want to have my hair as curly as possible. It’s also perfect for an “up do” with no work involved, you can put your hair up either wet or dry. Wet hair will produce loose curls all around, and the dry hair will produce nice soft waves.
Sea Salt Bun-
This is really effortless, start with dry hair, spray sea salt (any brand) all over your hair, work in product with hands, let dry for 5 minutes. Wrap your hair around in a small ballerina type bun, and you are good to go! Your hair isn’t sleek because of the sea salt so it will have some waves in it.
Sea Salt after Bun-
Usually if I do the sea salt bun after a few hours, or when I get tired of having my hair up I’ll take it down and let the curls come out. It looks wild, crazy, fun, and since it was set for a few hours the curls stay in.
^ that picture was taken at the little photo shoot that CA did for me♥
I absolutely LOVE the Aflac #SalonDuck commercial, I wouldn’t let a duck do my hair but I would let him handle my claims if I ever got injured. Read up about Aflac below, and definitely watch the commercial below, it’ll give you some laughs if you need them!
About One Day Pay℠
- When a policyholder gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits fast – now in as little as ONE business day with the company’s new One Day Pay℠
- One Day Pay℠ is Aflac’s way of making sure eligible claims get processed and approved the same day they’re submitted, so policyholders can get paid in just a day. Aflac is built to process and pay – not to deny and delay – to help your life stay on track.
- A lot of insurance companies talk about how much money they’ll save policyholders on premiums, but people buy insurance to get paid when they need to file a claim. Aflac understands that claims matter and that it’s important to be there for their policyholders when they need it most.
- In the United States, Aflac is the leading provider of voluntary insurance at the work site. Aflac is different from health insurance; it’s insurance for daily living.
- Aflac pays cash benefits quickly and directly to you, unless otherwise assigned, to help with out-of-pocket expenses when you’re sick or hurt. The benefits are predetermined and paid regardless of any other insurance you have.
- Supplemental insurance policies such as accident, critical illness and cancer help protect workers from high out-of-pocket costs that major medical insurance was never designed to cover.
- Many supplemental insurance policies pay cash benefits that can be used for everyday living expenses like groceries, child care, rent or parking at the hospital.
- If supplemental insurance policies are not part of your health plan, it may be worth approaching your employer to ask for them.
Facebook Twitter Website
This review and giveaway was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management and Aflac. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine
I have the same issue with my hair! I live in Canada, and the summer’s here – especially this last week – have been super-humid!!! My hair is ridiculous! I love having curly hair, but it never looks the same from day to day!
I agree with you! My hair gets crazy too!
My hair is crazy all the time! I never have the same hairstyle twice!
Don’t you have baby hair? Your bun looks absolutely perfect with no little hair poking out like mine.
My hair, until a few weeks ago, had fly-away’s and was very messy-looking, until I found Argan Oil, and Keratin. It does look much better, but I would love to try the Aflac!
Aflac Salonduck sounds like the perfect product to tame wild hair like mine! I hate to add products to my hair, as it is already starting to fall out, but this sounds like a nourishing product!!!
i have curly. when i live it dry it look so puffy i want straight my hair
thank you for sharing. it sound great maybe i try it
I could definitely use this Aflac Salon Duck for my always different hairstyle!